Tuesday 4 August 2015

IOPE Air Cushion® XP Natural

I've bought into the fad I'm slightly embarrassed to admit. After a night of discussion with my girl friends and some reading on the internet, I went to Strawberrynet and got me some IOPE Air Cushion® XP Natural, Colour N21. There are 3 different ranges of Air Cushion, Natural, Shimmer and Cover. For Natural there are 2 shades N21 and N23. For Cover there are 2 shades C21 and C23. Shimmer however only has 1 shade S22. 



The main difference between Natural and Cover is the amount of coverage it provides. The Natural range provides light coverage, good for evening out uneven skin tones or slight pigmentation and the Cover range provides more coverage. Shimmer gives a luminous end result. What I do like about the IOPE Air Cushion® XP is that the coverage is build-able. I got N21 which is the fairest colour of them all and doesn't really look like you're wearing make up. However for areas where I have a pimple or some red marks, I find that I can apply 2 or 3 layers and it will cover that blotchy spot up quite well. 

All IOPE Air Cushion® XP has SPF50+ and PA+++ which is pretty high protection for normal day wear, unless you're going outdoors for extended periods of time, you might want to apply sunblock before applying Air Cushion just for that bit more added protection. I'm in the office all day except for lunch time so I don't use any additional sunscreen under. 


The IOPE Air Cushion® XP is very moisturising and I have combination skin. So I've found myself asking people over the course of the day - does my skin look dewy or oily? Just to get an idea of how it actually looks. For the first few hours of the day it looks ok (without any outdoor activity and only sitting in the aircon) but later it does look oily. My skin might be too oily to use this on its own, I might have to use powder on top of it to prevent it looking too greasy. In which case I could use it like a foundation and finish off with powder. That would bring the coverage factor up one notch.

IOPE Air Cushion® XP has quite a strong perfume smell when you first apply but it wears off quite quickly so I wouldn't worry about the smell. The puff is a rubbery sort of texture which means none of the product gets absorbed into the sponge which is good, and it transfers to the skin nicely. I do wish the weather here was less humid then I could use this product on its own coz I really do like how it looks. It feels a bit sticky so I try not to touch my face too much which is probably a good idea. 


I think I will repurchase this once I'm done despite the oily look. I think I can sort that out quite simply... either with a dusting of powder or something. I do like it quite a bit especially the light weight feel. The IOPE Air Cushion® XP pack I bought was one in the compact with one refill for SGD$60 on Strawberrynet. It arrived within a week, pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment